Search This Blog

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Moments.

There are no pictures.  No words.  I went searching for a quote, a way  to sum up my mood right now, after a day of work and a magical, mysterious ride home.  The only one that might fit was this:  “I've always believed in savoring the moments. In the end, they are the only things we'll have.” ― Anna GodbersenThe Luxe

I am always struck by how wonderful, how complex the human mind is.

You never really think about it, how it captures all the views and sensations coming at you.  All the colors and smells and sounds and determines faster then...well, not light; but perhaps that quickly the risks, rewards and possibilities of what is occurring.  Tonight it reminded me of how beautiful the world is.  The different shades of blue in the sky, the shape of clouds and how they morph and change so, the magic of weeds growing along side the road.

My brain, this wonderful organ calculates complex math in a heart beat and I lean, lean into the turn and time stops...I come out of the turn and it feels just right.  I continue to ride as the light starts to die, the sun starts to set and the palette changes.  Pinks and purples and rouge's now, that remind me of the first time I made love to a woman.  Not sex, but actual love.  Not the fumbling of a teen age boy, but a man who wants to do nothing but please his partner.  I feel that connection.

The light fades and finally I turn towards home...feeling a satisfaction, a joy.  Moments matter, and I have had a perfect one.  

3 comments:

Trobairitz said...

Those are the times that keep you riding.

Martha said...

I think you had what is called "a perfect moment". Very, very nice.

David Masse said...

Rob, nice post. But there are some things that riding comes second to. Sex. Bacon. Yup, that's it.