Search This Blog

Sunday, November 23, 2014

Time to give Thanks

Nearly two weeks have gone by and in that time I've done very little writing.  Even less riding.

Life has been challenging for the last several months as questions concerning health (mine, the girlfriends and my father's), money (I left a good job for what I hoped was a better opportunity - frankly the jury is still out on that), family issues and business.  All has conspired to act against me but also provide me the chance for growth.  Much of these things I've kept secret.  Partly to protect the privacy of those involved and partly because, frankly, it's none of your damned business gentle reader.

I have a lot to be thankful for in this past year, and if the last few weeks have taught me anything it's to be thankful for what you have.



I've been blessed with a loving girlfriend.  A new niece, two parents that somehow found a way to raise two good upstanding kids.

In a year marred by accidents, deaths, loss of several types...we are still together.  Still finding our way down that twisting road called life.  I'm sure I'll return to this blog soon.  I'll be riding again soon and be stronger for it.

This will be the first holiday season in some time that I will not have family gathered around the table with me in several years.  I'll miss them of course, but I know that they are there in spirit.

Till December my friends!  I'll see you then!


2 comments:

Trobairitz said...

Have a Happy Thanksgiving.

No matter what happens in life I am sure we all have something to be thankful for.

Martha said...

I hope you enjoy a warm and good Thanksgiving holiday. Take care.