Search This Blog

Friday, March 27, 2015

Signs of spring

Parking at work the other day

I have Kimmie back.  I have been riding her for a couple days now all over town.  For now the oil leak issue has been solved and the good mechanics at Affordable Motor Sports (I've offered them a buddy's name that builds websites but they still don't have one) have her purring like a kitten again.

The problem however is that I am going to need a new gasket.  Surprisingly enough it's not going to cost me an arm and/or leg.  The CVT belt is good, the electronics are good and my "cold weather" starting issue seems to be resolved for now.  This cost however (about $500 + including labor) is more that I want to pay but it costs less than a newer bike would in the long run.  The economics of scootering.

However my brief sojourn into looking for a new bike got me wondering.  Eventually I'm going to have to replace her.  Eventually I'm going to start to pay more on maintenance than its worth.  Eventually I'm going to need a new bike.

I can already see I'm looking for more power and I don't see my current job changing anytime in the future.  Of course, I was also expecting to retire from 3M and here I am 6 or 7 months on being a leader in a new department.

Change is not a bad thing, sometime in the future I'm going to need a new bike.



3 comments:

Michael J. said...

Ultimately when you do Robert, go with the Burgie 650. You won't be sorry. Until then - ride Kimmie and enjoy!

David Masse said...

Or go completely nuts and get a cruiser.

I pick up the Honda Shadow tomorrow if the weather gods are smiling.

Trobairitz said...

I am glad you got the immediate issue fixed and Kimmie is reliable right now.

No harm in looking at other bikes right now. It is liberating looking and knowing you don't have to buy something right away but can take your time until it feels right.